Black Friday. Those two words are enough to instill pure joy into the hearts of Christmas shoppers across the United States. It’s a day of sheer indulgence – of getting the things you want, and of getting a good deal while you’re at it.
But here’s the thing. You need to plan ahead. If you don’t you’ll find that you could end up spending a lot more money than you had planned on, and the good deals that you’ve gotten are minimized by the things you bought that you didn’t need. So it’s important to plan ahead.
Save Big On Black Friday… If You Plan Ahead
There are some things you can do in order to get the best deal on your Black Friday shopping.
- Make sure to know in advance what you’re buying. Put together a list of the things you want, and don’t buy anything not on that list, no matter how tempting.
- Set a spending limit. Take your money out in cash before you head out.Don’t go over your spending limit by only using cash. When you run out of budgeted money, you’re done!
- The best deals aren’t always on Black Friday: Check deals before Black Friday – you may find a better price – even during Black Friday week pre-sales.
- Bring a friend: Bring a friend with you. They can keep you company while you wait, and you can divide and conquer to get the most popular items once the store opens!
- Don’t go out on Black Friday!: Sometimes the best way to save on Black Friday is to just not go out! Sometimes the best deals you can find aren’t even found on Black Friday. If you’re creative you an find better deals by stacking coupons and sales, finding one time only discounts, etc.
So there you go, a few helpful hints to help you succeed on the big day.
How Do I Find Out What The Hot Deals Are?
Black Friday can be a great day to find some hot deals on the items you were thinking about buying anyway. But where do you find what deals are available at what stores? Some of the places I’ve found great information on Black Friday Deals include.
- Black Friday Ads
- Black Friday.net
- Black Friday at GottaDeal
- Black Friday Central
- Fat Wallet Black Friday Forum
- Black Friday at Amazon.com
Looking For A Specific Item?
If you’re like me you may just be looking for a specific item to give to someone for Christmas. For example, last year I was looking for a GPS for my in-laws. So how do you find all the hot deals on GPS units? FatWallet.com has put together a cool Black Friday ad filter that allows you to sort the all the Black Friday deals by category, type, brand, price, free shipping etc. Using a tool they put out last year I was able to find a great deal on my in-laws new GPS.
Which Items Are Popular?
Sometimes you’re going to get a couple of different items, but you’re not sure which one will run out quicker – so you can go there first. To help you in your game plan, check out this “most wanted” list from gottadeal.com. The list will tell you what some of the most wanted items at each store are – so you can prioritize your Black Friday shopping list.
More Black Friday Tips And Tricks
- Black Friday Deals: A Savvy Consumer’s Guide
- Black Friday 2010 Free Stuff
- Black Friday Resources and Strategy
- Shopping Responsibly on Black Friday
- 5 Tips For Making The Most Of Black Friday
- 10 Ways to Save Money During Black Friday
- Top 6 Free Black Friday Shopping Apps for Droid & iPhone
Latest posts by Mr. Money (see all)
- 10 Ways To Save Money When You’re On A Tight Budget - July 2, 2015
- How To Watch TV For Free Or Cheap Without Paying For Cable - June 29, 2015
- Co-Signing For A Loan: Never A Good Idea Unless You Like Paying For Other People’s Stuff - January 16, 2014