A lot of filers who don’t itemize have already filed their taxes, and if they’re expecting a refund on their tax dollars, they’re probably waiting expectantly to see how much they’ll be getting back.
Today I thought I’d give a helping hand by putting together a few resources that may be helpful in figuring out your state income tax return status.
IRS Federal Tax Refund Status Information
If you e-filed your taxes, 72 hours after the IRS gives receipt of the return that you e-filed, you can go to the IRS site and check the status of your tax return. Paper filers may have to wait up to 4 weeks.
- IRS Site -Where’s My Refund?
- Call 1-800-829-4477 (24 hours a day, seven days a week for automated refund information)
If you’re a smart phone user, the IRS also has Android and Iphone apps available this year to check the status of your federal return.
State Income Tax Refund Status Information
If you’re expecting a refund on your state taxes as well, you’ll either need to check your state’s website for the department of revenue, or in some states – give them a call. Each state has a different place to check state income tax refund status, unfortunately there isn’t one clearing house to find them all. So we found this extensive list of all the state revenue websites for your reference. Find your state in the table below and follow the link (or call) to check your refund status.
Latest posts by Mr. Money (see all)
- Where Can I Check My State Income Tax Return Refund Status? - May 5, 2016
- 10 Ways To Save Money When You’re On A Tight Budget - July 2, 2015
- How To Watch TV For Free Or Cheap Without Paying For Cable - June 29, 2015